2022 GHBA Scholarship Application
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Scholarships are available for children of active GHBA members and official GHBA Workforce Partner Program participants. (A "GHBA member" includes any employee of a current GHBA member company.)
- Be the son or daughter of a paid employee of a current GHBA member company, OR a participant in a GHBA Workforce Partner program.
- Be a graduating high school senior; OR have a high school diploma or GED
- Be enrolled, accepted or have a pending acceptance in an accredited two-year junior or community college, four-year college or university, or a state-accredited vocational-tech school
- Provide proof of academic ability by grade point average and class standing.
- Be of good character. (Three written reference letters are required).
- Have maintained a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Hold, or plan to hold, full-time status at an accredited educational institution for the 2022 Fall Semester.
- Include official transcripts, proof of enrollment, and three references letters. Online applications and accompanying documents must be submitted no later than May 12, 2022.
Applications meeting the eligibility criteria and including all of the required information will be forwarded to the subcommittee for consideration. Submission does not guarantee approval. Applications that are incomplete or that do not meet eligibility criteria will be returned for additional information and subject to disqualification. The applicant has until May 12 to submit additional support materials.
Previous scholarship recipients may reapply every other year for consideration and will be limited to receive a maximum total of two GHBA scholarships during their college career.
AWARDS & FUNDING
The GHBA Scholarship Committee has complete discretion regarding the disbursement of funds. Awards are made pursuant to adopted criteria and the approval of the Associate Council board of directors. The Committee aims to award five scholarships or more annually, and each will not exceed $4,000 per recipient.
Scholarship recipients will be evaluated and rewarded based on need and/or merit/academic achievement. Grade point average and all supporting documentation may be considered. Priority will be given to first-time applicants that meet the criteria stated below. In addition, at the committee's discretion, a number of scholarships may be designated for students pursuing a Residential Construction industry related major and/or participating in a GHBA Workforce Partner program.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Scholarship Selection Committee or their designees in May. Scholarship award letters will be emailed in May. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the school the recipient will be attending in the upcoming Fall Semester.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & DOCUMENTATION
All materials must be received by the GHBA by May 12, 2022. Complete applications must include the following required information:
- Official transcript through most current completed semester of high school and/or college
- Copy of high school diploma or GED, if matriculated
- Listing of extracurricular activities, involvement in community services, and awarded honors
- 250-word statement on why you deserve and/or need this scholarship
- Three letters of recommendation (suggestions: teachers, professors, bosses, volunteer coordinators, school officials)
- Letter of acceptance from accredited two-year or four-year college or university, or state-accredited vocational-tech school
Questions? Email Peggy Means or call (281) 664-1431
2022 GHBA Scholarship Application — START HERE!
Scholarship submissions are closed for 2022. See you next year!