“It’s organizations like Jones Futures Academy that are crucial to the future of homebuilding in our community.”Aimee Bertrand, Executive Vice President & CEO
Several GHBA members donated a variety of household necessities to Jones Futures Academy. These items were given to families who were affected by the recent freeze. HomeAid also provided a number of items including 300 nutrition kits, 200 toothbrushes, four cases of toothpaste and hygiene kits.
“We are glad to have business partners, such as the Greater Houston Builders Association, that support the Jones Futures Academy community in ensuring the students and their families receive the needed support. We would like to thank you again for supporting the school with your donations,” said Nirmol Lim, Principal of Jones Futures Academy.
Jones Futures Academy enables students to fulfill high school graduation requirements while simultaneously earning valuable industry certifications, college credits, and an Associate of Arts Degree by August after their senior year in high school. Working with Houston Community College and industry partners, the Futures Academy provides students the opportunity to embark on a rigorous course of study to learn valuable technological skills that upon completion of the program, will make them highly sought after within various Houston industries which include the fields of medicine and construction technology.
Benefits of the program include:
- Courses taught by college professors utilizing a blend of face-to-face and online instruction
- Meaningful and engaging project-based assignments
- An Associate’s Degree earned by August after the senior year of high school
- Valuable industry certifications embedded into the coursework
- Preparation to move directly into the workforce after graduation or on to pursue additional education at a college or university
- Technology-rich college atmosphere
- Industry mentors and internships